Dr Andrea Binks
Dr Binks completed her undergraduate medical studies in Nottingham, United Kingdom in 1996. She then started specialty training in Acute medicine in the UK. In 2001 She moved to Australia and started Intensive Care medicine training. In 2003 she moved back to Bristol in the UK to start specialty training in Anaesthesia and Intensive Care. She gained dual qualifications in Anaesthesia and Intensive care in 2011. After attaining her specialist qualifications in Anaesthesia in 2011, Dr Binks moved back to Australia and started work as a Staff Specialist at Wollongong Public Hospital. Currently she works as a Specialist Anaesthetist both in the private sector and at Wollongong Public Hospital.
Dr Binks is skilled in Anaesthesia for most surgical specialties, with a particular interest in the fields of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Vascular and General surgery as well as regional anaesthesia, and management of the high-risk surgical patient.
She also has a keen interest in teaching and training and is a Supervisor of training at Wollongong Hospital.
Professional Training And Experience
- Junior Medical Officer, Derby, UK 1996-1999
- Intensive Care Registrar, Royal North Shore Hospital 2001-2003
- Anaesthetic Registrar, Bristol, UK, 2003- 2009
- Fellowship in Intensive Care Medicine, 2009
- Senior Anaesthetic Registrar, 2010-2011
- Staff Specialist Anaesthetist, Wollongong Hospital, 2012 – present
- Dr Binks is accredited at all Illawarra private hospitals
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, UK
- Fellow of the Royal College of Anaesthetists, UK
- Fellow of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine, UK
- Fellow of the Australian New Zealand College of Anaesthetists
- Australian Medical Association
- Australian Society of Anaesthetists